"Mother Dear I love you so"
It pulled at my heart strings to hear those tiny voices practicing to sing this coming Sunday in sacrament meeting for Mothers Day. It took me back to when my girls were little and how they would stand in the front of the chapel on Mothers Day and sing that very song in their little "chimpmonk voices". My heart would skip...I loved it. It made me think of Natalie and what a incredible Mommy she was to Noah for the first year of his life and how proud she must be of him now.....and how I know that this Mothers day when Noah is standing in the front of the chapel singing this very song for Tiffany.....that he is singing it for Mommy Natalie too and she will be there listening.
Noah knows his Mother and calls her "Mommy Natalie". I am always amazed at how this little boy just 5 years old, seems to understand where she is, who she is with, and that she is around him and aware of him always. This wouldn't be so if it weren't for Tiffany, a very special Mother who makes sure that Noah knows his Mommy Natalie, and who shares the sacred responsibility of being his earthly Mother.
One night not too long ago Noah had a sleepover with me while PaPa Kent was away. When it came time for bedtime, Noah and I went through the routine of getting in our pajamas, laying in bed talking about the day. We said our prayers, and I tucked Noah in and turned out the light. He asked me to stay with him for "just a while longer"...so I got under the covers and we talked a bit more. Our conversation went like this;
Noah: "Gramma stay in here cause I'm scared"
Me : "Noah, there is nothing to be afraid of, we said our prayers, and do you know what? ... Angels watch over you when you are sleeping!
Noah : matter of factly; "Yes Gramma, I know that"
Me : (surprised) "How do you know that?"
Noah : (in a whisper) "Mommy Natalie told me"
Me: "Oh good....I'm so glad that Mommy Natalie told you about the angels.... I'm sure that Mommy Natalie is right here watching over you....so close your eyes, and go to sleep and have sweet dreams...
Noah: "OK"
I kissed those big brown beautiful eyes....and I never heard another peep.
It is moments like these that I cherish and make me so thankful to have been Natalies Mother, thankful that Natalie had the blessing to become a Mother, thankful that Noah has been blessed to have Tiffany as his now earthly Mother. Isn't Heavenly Fathers plan so perfect?
Once a Mother....Forever a Mother....a New Mother, a Grand Mother, being a Mother never ends...even from Heaven...a Mother smiles and watches over her little one....
Mother Dear I love you so....





12 comments:
That picture of Natalie and Noah is so darling. Noah is such a lucky guy to have two great mothers watching over him. I am sure that Natalie is with him every step that he takes. There truley is nothing like the joy of being a mother. Even on those hard days, and the hard little moments it is all so rewarding. Motherhood is a pure piece of heaven. We are so lucky to have these little ones. I, too, love that primary song. It is so fun to see your little kids up there singing to you. It just makes a mom so happy!
Sherie, you have such a talent for writing about things so close to the heart. Noah is lucky to have Gramma, and Tiffany, and Mommy Natalie. Thanks for keeping up with the memories. toodles, Sheila
Sherie, you amaze me. You are so strong, and so thoughtful. Thanks for the time you take in putting new posts on Natalie's blog. I love it!
I am going to take a moment this mother's day to think about those mom's that have passed on and are watching out for the rest of us.
Again, Natalie (a perfect stranger) will help me to be grateful.
Sherie,Your daughters have had you to learn from.You are an amazing woman.Thanks for sharing so many wonderful stories with us. You know Natalie is with you every day, and is so pleased with the way you have loved Colby,Tiffany,Noah,and Cutler.Have a great Mother's Day Sher,Love Ya, Patty
Wow,I can't help but just feel so good inside whenever I read what you write Sherie. What an inspiration you are to me, and always have been. I have always admired you since the day I started at SkyWest. I just can't believe how incredible you are, and how many talents you have. Your three girls are perfect examples of what a remarkable woman you are. Thanks for your inspirations in what you write on this blog for Natalie. I just wish I had the right words to explain what it does for me to read the things you say here. I just love it, so thanks a million.
I have to pull out the tissue everytime I read your posts. This reminded me of the primary song, "Where is heaven, is it very far, when your with the ones you love it's right where you are." How wonderful that Noah knows Mommy Natalie is always there.
I don't even remember how I stumbled on this blog a month ago, but I am so grateful I have. I have been inspired by the beautiful pictures of your Natalie with her baby boy and have since had plenty taken of myself with my boys to have always. In so many other ways I have thought differently about my time with my sons and thank you so much for sharing your beautiful words and loving tribute to your daughter!
Shayla Mabey
Mesa, AZ
Such a sweet story and so well worded. It's hard to believe that Noah is going to be 6 before too long. He and my Ryan are only a few weeks apart in age. I think of Natalie often...especially about all the crazy and fun memories of growing up together in the Bloomington neighborhood. Hope it's okay, I'm going to post your blog on mine.
I too, think of Natalie often. Kelly and Natalie had such fun times together. It is so nice to have this blog to remember her. Thanks for keeping her spirit alive. We all need to stop and appreciate all we have. Sandy
Sherie, you are such an amazing person....I admire you so much. I'll have to admit, I cry every time I read Natalie's blog. She was such a special girl, and wonderful wife and mother. Colby is so lucky to have two wonderful women in his life. I remember when I first heard that he and Tiffany were dating, and I got all choked up because I KNEW Tiffany would be perfect to take Natalie's place on this earth as Noah's mommy and Colby's wife. Her personality reminds me so much of Natalie....sweet, kind, patient etc...I admire all of you for sharing Natalie's legacy with us.
Thanks again...I love you all!
Post a Comment