This past weekend was Conference, and as usual my goal of really listening to each and every talk...got away from me. Thank goodness for the conference edition of the Ensign!.....
However, there was one quote that I feel was meant for me, that I heard despite any noise or distraction going on around me and it really spoke to my heart. Sister Elaine S. Dalton the General YW President spoke and her words caught me. She talked about a small plate she has in her home inscribed with the motto;
"I can do hard things"
She then went on to say that if she could change it, it would read:
"In the strength of the Lord, I can do all things"
Life is hard, and it's not fair, but aren't you glad that we can do hard things, and we dont have to do them alone? I loved this talk by Sister Dalton. I think I'll display these words in my home...so I am reminded each and every day why,
"I can do hard things"



3 comments:
I missed this talk...
thank you for sharing it. I will look forward to reading the whole talk.
I wish you did not have to endure this thing... losing a daughter. It just isn't the natural order of things.
I admire your courage & strength and have learned from you.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA
I loved conference. There were so many wonderful words of inspiration. This is a great motto to live by.
I didn't realize that Natalie was born on the same day as Tisha's baby that she lost. That is comforting. Thank you for this blog. It is constantly a spiritual boost in my life.
I hope you don't mind me making a post. I found this blog off of my friends. You are so inspiring, I am sitting here in tears and in awe. You are so strong, but I know that comes from knowing that she is with our Heavenly Father again and that you will see her again. Keep going strong and sharing your strenght with others.
~JAM
Post a Comment