06 January 2009
Doc Martins ~
...and in the garage of the new home has been
"the pile"
It's a pile of things and stuff that got moved over from the old house and just never got put away since moving in. Every day I would see "the pile" and I would tell myself, that tomorrow or next week, or next day off work I would go through "the pile" and put those things away, or take them to the D.I. or throw them away.
Well...Christmas 2008 is over and in the process of putting all of it away...Kent was being very helpful and started what I have neglected for over a year and he cleaned up "the pile"! He had bags to be thrown away and bags and boxes to go to the D.I.
I was sooooo happy, to finally be rid of "the pile"!
I drove to the D.I. and opened the back of my car to let the guy get all the boxes and bags of treasures from "the pile" and immediately I spotted a big bag of shoes...
with a Doc Martin peeking out from the top.
STOP
I grabbed the bag from the guy and stated "you can't have those!"
I'm sure he thought I was completely NUTS...
They were Natalie's Doc Martins.....I don't think Kent knew that they were Natalie's...
we all wore them.. loved them, lived in them...had 100 pairs of those rubbery, chunky soled various Mary Jane style shoes...we had them in brown, tan, blue, burgandy,
black, green, mustard... a pair for every outfit!
OH the memories of Doc Martins....of Natalie's Doc Martins!
....they make me smile and they are just one of those things I'll keep forever
and I'll look at them and I'll dust them off when they get dusty
and I will picture Natalie in her cute outfits and
her darling hair...bouncing along in her
Doc Martins
~who knew that a brand of shoes could bring back so many memories~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh the pile.... it needed to go! I remember the days of the Dr. Martins- Glad you caught em, I think I have a few pairs in my closet somewhere too!
You guys all wore the Doc Martins!! I remember being jealous because I only had 2 pairs and you all had millions!!
I too remember my first pair of Doc's! They really were the IT thing...how fun that all you girls could share clothes and shoes!!! I just LOVE this website and look at it often. Thank you for your sweet posts. You are amazing and have beautiful girls!!!
Such a fun memory!! I love my Doc martins. I will always think of her when i wear mine now. Love ya
Post a Comment