Welcome to Remembering Natalie.  
This blog has been created by us, Natalie's mom and sisters, to share with all of you, glimpses of her amazing 23 years of life.  
This is not meant to be a sad look back . . . but more a way to tell her story and keep her memory as bright as her life was.
Our hope is that here, you'll find good doses of laughter, her great recipes, 
our random thoughts and memories, and maybe a few tears. 
 We are not what you would call the "pro-active" type . . . 
but this is our attempt to aid in the awareness of DVT and Factor V Leiden, 
the conditions that ended her life here on earth.  
We hope you'll check in every-so-often, and if you have any stories of her . . . please, do tell! 
If you didn't know Natalie, get to know her by reading her story found at the bottom of the page . . .
So thanks for visiting & come back as often as you'd like!
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. 
One day each of us will run out of tomorrows"
~President Thomas S. Monson~

17 March 2009

Once Upon a Time...

There was a beautiful girl....





And a handsome young man...



And on a beautiful spring day....March 18, 2000 they were sealed for Time and all Eternity
And the promise of an eternal family made that day... is as evident today as the blossoms on the same trees that were there...9 years ago.

~Happy Anniversary Colby and Natalie~



And I had to add these pictures...because I remember this like it was yesterday.....
Oh, how I love my girls..... These are classic Natalie...Stefanie and Melanie...








12 comments:

stefanie said...

It was such a pretty, oh so perfect day! She was so gorgeous and I would have worn her dress on my wedding day...it was so classic, I loved it!
I love those pictures of us...that was us!
I've said this before, but that's how I picture her on the other side of the veil, seriously beautiful...
Oh how I miss her...
xo Nat

ShEiLa said...

I thought about you just yesterday.

I know you may think that strange... so many people do not understand why I worry about people I don't know.

But after I heard about Miss HaLLie's hospital trip... you holding her hand when it was upsetting Melanie... I wondered about you.

I don't have your e.mail.
But in light of this post...
will you e.mail me?
You seem like the insightful type.
nevada(_)kings(@)hotmail(.)com
take out the parenthesis.

I love these pictures at the temple.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

.mel. said...

ahhh... those trees in blossom.... SOOOOOOOOOO pretty! Love all the pictures, I so remember all of it! love her, miss her.

Julie said...

Oh I miss her! What beautiful sisters. I am so grateful that I am so close to my sisters. Life would not be the same without them.

Kelly Stanworth said...

Seems like not that long ago. The pictures make me miss St. George right about now when I'm still hoping the snow is going to finish melting in my yard.

the johansen's said...

I can still remember to this day the outfit I wore to her reception. I remember taking pictures at the fireplace in the entry way. The thing I remember the most is how beautiful Nat looked! (And, if I'm not mistaking, she has white satin ballet slippers)

Bonnie said...

Natalie was such a beautiful bride...stunning really.
I wish I had been to the wedding. It must have been pure joy for all who were there. Happy memories.

[BrookeO] said...

Such a sweet post.

Unknown said...

Sherie, you don't know me but I have heard about your daughter a couple of times form different people. They tell me that I really resemble her at times. One of her friends sent me this blog, and told me that I remind her of your daughter. I read her story and it was very touching. It was amazing to compare the similarities. I wish your family the best
Raebecca
raebecca@gmail.com

patty said...

She was so beautiful that day, and every day. this was such a fun day to remember.love you Sher!

Michelle said...

Time sure flies by. Love the pictures of the girls and Nat giving Stef the eye because she might have caught her veil. That is classic of all three of them. Thank goodness we have our memeories....

Anonymous said...

I just read your story of Natalie for the first time. Thank you for sharring your story. She's such a beautiful person & you are truly blessed with amazing faith. Thanks for touching my heart today & Thanks for bring awarness to DTV.

Related Posts with Thumbnails