Who knew? I haven't blogged for so long...that blogger is totally different!
I'm actually ashamed at how long it's been since I've posted...
could life get any busier? ...I think not.
Since my last post in March...life has been...well...full of life!
My older brother Noel was given a second chance at life when he recieved the gift of a liver... This picture was taken a week before his transplant... although he is smiling, (he alway's is) he is one very sick man in this picture. One week after snapping this picture, the call came and he was the recipient of the most selfless gift...
Funny how something so very wonderful for our family can be so very sorrowfull for another family. Unfortunately my brother (and I) both understand what it is like to be on the other end of this story also. Noel's son Chad at the young age of 18 passed away only 9 months before Natalie. Chad, like Natalie could not donate organs because of too much time passing without enough oxygen to sustain them. It is surreal for us to think of the family that during the pain and sorrow of loss, gave the gift of life so my brother could have a second chance.
An amazing definition of love.. I pray that they are finding comfort during their trail of faith. Our family loves them...even though we don't know who they are. How very thankful we are for their amazing gift.
Then our family grew by one! Melanie brought sweet, tiny, handsome and totally perfect Cade Bryan Heath into our family
Monday June 4th at 7:06 a.m.
weighing 7lbs 13 oz 20" long
Words can't even describe how much I loved him the very second I met him.. so I'll let the pictures tell the story...
There is nothing like a tiny new spirit fresh from Heaven
to remind you of the amazing miracle of life
each
and
every
time..
I am in awe.
I have to admit that there is a added element of nerves each time this beautiful Mommy unselfishly brings a life into this world....Melanie carries the same gene Natalie did for bloodclotting. From the day she finds out that she is expecting, she does everything she can to make sure that she and the tiny life growing inside her are safe from blood clots...by injecting heparin into her stomach twice every day. (Natalie did this too) Becoming a mother hasn't been easy for her..and yet...it is the one thing that she wants more than anything.
I know that Natalie watches over her always..
Let's say I was literally in Heaven this past week..
Stefanie came from Dallas to be here for her sister...and to meet Baby Cade...
Stefanie was able to be in the delivery room and took the amazing first
pictures of Cade as he was born...
How lucky am I... words can't even describe
1 comment:
Congrats Grammy Sherie!!! Thanks for sharing all of these photos. I was thinking how very special it must have been having the two sisters together in the delivery room.
I never had a sister present with me... but my dear Mother who has since passed away was with me for the birth of my sweet daughter Yvette.
I got to be present when my sister Carma had her little Emelie Elaine... my Mother's namesake (one of them) 2 sisters had babies the year she passed and both girls have her name as a middle name.
I love reading your blog!!!!
ToOdLeS.
Post a Comment