
19 May 2008
HOT HOT HOT!!

Here comes the heat...I don't like it at all, and I shouldn't live in St. George, but hey, here I am.....in the heat. ugh. It's funny how certain seasons of the year can spark certain memories.
Fruit Pizza....
.....has been on my mind for several days now. Natalie LOVED Fruit Pizza and it's one of those things that reminds me of her. It reminds me of Summer, of BBQ's, of being outside, of gathering together as a family....reminds me of Natalie....creating a yummy treat, and loving to share it with us, and she loved that we all loved it. I loved that about her.
Crust: Sugar Cookie Dough
3/4 Cup butter flavor Crisco
1 Cup sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Press into pizza pan, Bake @ 400 until just barely golden. Cool completely
Beat together, 1 8oz. pkg soft cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Spread this on top of cooled crust
Arrange fruit on top...all your favorites....
Strawberries, grapes, bananas, mandarin oranges & kiwi
Yummy Fruit Pizza....it's a little slice "from" heaven...
from Natalie..welcome Summer...I'll try to not melt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
How delicious does this look. I am going to have to make one. You are probably amazed at the things that remind you of Natalie. I love Melanie's [oh baby] updates... just wish I knew what else she was up to. Still no internet at her house, huh? I thought together we could change that Sherie.
Guess not!
toodles, Sheila
I'd totally forgotten about this great recipe. Thanks for sharing. I made it on Thursday and the kids devoured it. They thought it was pretty great that it was called "friut pizza."
I love fruit pizza, but never think about making it. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment