15 December 2008
Tonight you are mine....
I can't wait until Christmas every year to bring it out and display it...
I pictured it in my mind during a special Christmas lesson in Relief Society that really touched me in so many ways.
They asked a young mother in our ward to sing "Marys lullaby" and while she was singing it, it brought so many thoughts to my mind. I could picture Mary holding baby Jesus, knowing she had just given birth to the Savior of this world....knowing all that he was going to endure one day....but even knowing all that he would endure in his life, she was first his Mother... and at least for a moment, he was hers....
I also reflected on being a Mother, knowing that the children I have been entrusted with are just mine for a time...they truely belong to our Heavenly Father...but for now, they are mine.
I also pictured Natalie holding Noah on her shoulder...tiny and new...the picture which is the header on this blog. For such a short time, {a blink really}..... Noah was hers....she found so much joy in being his Mother...and I know that she is still so much a part of his life. I had never heard this lullaby before. I can imagine Natalie singing the words to Noah...."for tonight you are mine"...in her angel voice.
I have tried to find the music on the internet to add to my playlist but have not been successful at finding it yet. I wanted to at least share the words to express what Christmas is all about.
Mary's Lullaby
All mine in your loviness baby, all mine.
Al mine in your holiness baby divine.
Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, for "tonight you are mine".
The wise men are coming to worship their King.
The sheperds are kneeling their homage to bring.
Out yonder the star over Judah will keep.
No harm will befall thee, then sleep baby sleep.
O let me enfold thee, my baby tonight,
while legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a King, but "tonight you are mine".
Away spectered future of sorrow and plight,
Away to the years that must follow tonight.
The pangs of Gesthsemane, let them be dim,
The red drops on Calvery, not Lord, for Him.
O let me enfold thee, my baby tonight,
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a King, but "tonight you are mine".
Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, for "tonight you are mine".
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Those lyrics are beautiful, wow! Beautiful post Sherie! We love you and miss you!!
I love this song too. My mom sang it to us kids when we were little. I in turn sing it to mine, but my voice is definitely not my mothers. We have not ever been able to find anyone who has recorded it professionally. I do have the sheet music.
Megan...I can totally hear your Mom singing this lullaby...she has such a beautiful voice! It is such a sweet lullaby....I love it! Thanks for commenting! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment