Welcome to Remembering Natalie.  
This blog has been created by us, Natalie's mom and sisters, to share with all of you, glimpses of her amazing 23 years of life.  
This is not meant to be a sad look back . . . but more a way to tell her story and keep her memory as bright as her life was.
Our hope is that here, you'll find good doses of laughter, her great recipes, 
our random thoughts and memories, and maybe a few tears. 
 We are not what you would call the "pro-active" type . . . 
but this is our attempt to aid in the awareness of DVT and Factor V Leiden, 
the conditions that ended her life here on earth.  
We hope you'll check in every-so-often, and if you have any stories of her . . . please, do tell! 
If you didn't know Natalie, get to know her by reading her story found at the bottom of the page . . .
So thanks for visiting & come back as often as you'd like!
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. 
One day each of us will run out of tomorrows"
~President Thomas S. Monson~

23 September 2009

A picture is worth "more" than a thousand words ~



A picture is worth more than a thousand words.
All I know is that for me, a picture is worth far more
than any words ever written could mean.
Melanie called me tonight and asked me for a picture of Natalie...she wanted any picture different than the pictures that she already has. And the realization for us came that all the pictures of Natalie we have...are all the pictures we are ever going to have.
I took her scrapbook off the shelf and saw these pictures...some I remember seeing and some I don't. And for a moment, they were new pictures for me...except that Noah is now ever so close to being 7 years old instead of the tiny baby in her arms.
Her smile, her eyes, her hair on her shoulders...her hands. I remember them perfectly. And in pictures perfectly she will stay...forever 23, forever young, forever with tiny Noah in her arms.
As I try to wrap my head around 6 years without her...
I am ever so thankful for the 24 that I had with her.
A picture is worth MORE than a thousand words..
for when I look at these pictures..
there are no words,
not even a thousand,
that can express how they make me feel
Picture me thankful ~ I love you Natalie

7 comments:

Karebear said...

My name is Kara Fowler (Holdaway). Natalie came into my mind last night out of the blue and I had remembered on Dixie's blog there was a link to this blog.
I woke up this morning thinking about her again. I wasn't sure why. I was remembering when I first moved to St. George. She was the first friend I had. We were in the same core class and a couple other of our afternoon classes together (6th grade). She got me through one of the hardest times in my life. She was so fun to be with and really helped me adjust quickly.
We remained friends even up until I moved from St. George right before our senior year.
One of my last memories I have of Natalie that really sticks out to me was our sophomore year. Natalie and I were getting ready for Homecoming. We were in her room trying on dresses. We were struggling financially and I couldn't afford a dress so Natalie offered one of hers. We had so much fun! She made sure that I had everything I needed, even down to the shoes before I left that day. What a wonderful friend she was to me!
It is so neat to get on here and catch up with all the years I didn't get to see of Natalie. She is so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing her life with me!

Michelle said...

Sherie, You amaze me.....love ya.

Jennifer L said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week. Thank you for the time you put into these blog posts. Everyone loves them. And again, the only words to describe you is INCREDIBLY AMAZING! If only everyone who has had a loss could be like you. I love you Sherie.

Amy Etherington said...

beautifully written, and oh so true....as i organized my scrapbook room this week looking for some money i had put away in a safe place, i ran across some old pictures of troy and also your girls. What fun memories. That is one reason i love taking pictures so much!!!! It makes me feel so much closer to troy like he is still here, like he is just away on vacation, and will be back soon. It sure does not seem like 6 years without her, or 23 without troy. Love you

Bonnie said...

I loved looking at these new pictures of Natalie. I think she looks like her mom. And just like her mom, she is beautiful inside and out.
So many people were touched by Natalie. Many people will live longer than her, but have far less of an impact. You are right to be so proud of her Sherie.
Know how much you were loved and thought of on this day....by many.

patty said...

I'm thinking of you this week Sherie. These pictures are so beautiful of her. What a great way for all of us to remember what a beautiful woman.and Mother she was. I love the thought that I know an angel. Love ya Sher!

Julie said...

What would we do without pictures! And these of Natalie melt my heart. Thank you for sharing these!

Related Posts with Thumbnails