Welcome to Remembering Natalie.  
This blog has been created by us, Natalie's mom and sisters, to share with all of you, glimpses of her amazing 23 years of life.  
This is not meant to be a sad look back . . . but more a way to tell her story and keep her memory as bright as her life was.
Our hope is that here, you'll find good doses of laughter, her great recipes, 
our random thoughts and memories, and maybe a few tears. 
 We are not what you would call the "pro-active" type . . . 
but this is our attempt to aid in the awareness of DVT and Factor V Leiden, 
the conditions that ended her life here on earth.  
We hope you'll check in every-so-often, and if you have any stories of her . . . please, do tell! 
If you didn't know Natalie, get to know her by reading her story found at the bottom of the page . . .
So thanks for visiting & come back as often as you'd like!
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. 
One day each of us will run out of tomorrows"
~President Thomas S. Monson~

09 August 2008

Prayers for Jill......



This is my darling niece Jill

Jill is soft spoken, extremely smart, gentle and unassuming. Jill is a wife and a mother, a daughter and a sister, a niece and above all....
Jill is beautiful inside and out.



Jill has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumor.
She will undergo surgery this Tuesday August 12.
"Life has its share of some fear and some failure. Sometimes things fall short, don't quite measure up. Somtimes in both personal and public life, we are seemingly left without strength to go on. Sometimes people fail us, or economies and circumstances fail us, and life with its hardship and heartache can leave us feeling very alone. But when such difficult moments come to us, I testify that there is one thing which will never, never fail us. One thing alone will stand the test of time, of all tribulation,
One thing only never faileth-and that is the pure love of Christ....
Only the pure love of Christ will see us through.
Only his pure love enables him-and-us to bear all things, believe all things,
hope all things, and endure all things. (moroni 7:45)
His pure love never fails us, not now, not ever. Not ever."
Jeffery R. Holland
A person without hope is a person without a heart;
and Jill has the biggest heart I know.
We love you and are praying for you Jill---
we have faith along with hope that all will be well.
All your prayers in Jill's behalf are so appreciated~

5 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I will pray that everything goes well with surgery on Tuesday... and that the doctors will be guided to do what is best for her. Jill sounds like a person that is easy to love and I know our Father in Heaven will be looking out for her.
ToOdLeS,ShEiLA

Gretchen said...

Oh, that is awful!! I am sooo sorry! I will be praying for her!! She looks like a sweet, sweet girl!!

Gatlin Gang said...

Is this the Jill I liked so much when we lived down the street in Bloomington? She is beautiful and I hope that all went well and continues to go well for her.

Amy Etherington said...

Sherie,

Thank you so much for this post. I know that jill would love it. It is such a sweet picture of her. Thank you for all of your thoughts ansd prayers. We love you all very much.

Matt said...

This is my first time on Natalie's blog and I saw my picture and started to cry. Thanks, Sherie for the kind words and your thoughts and prayers. Since I am writing this, the surgery went well and I am home with my sweet family - hooray!! Like on Melanie's blog, it is nice leaving cramped quarters at the hospital to come home although I met some great people there - both nurses and a couple of people I shared my rehab room with - but nothing is better than coming home healthy! I have many follow-up doctor appts at the end of the month and hope to be back to work aroubnd mid-Oct depending on those appts. Everyday I feel a little better and see little progress each day. Life is a miracle and I am thankful for all of the prayers and blessings people said for me! I don't know if I would be here today without them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails